Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Playing catch up.

My internet, at the moment, is sketchy at best so I'm going to take full advantage of my bootlegged Burger King wireless and try to get all my pictures from the 5th to last night in one post.
January 5, 2011
The view right outside the door of my classroom and please believe it has been in the 80's all week. You will not hear me complaining about the weather until at least the end of February.
 A little piece of the cafeteria and cancha where the little ones play....Oh, and palm trees:)
 Almost all of the cafeteria and the mall in the distance.
The completed first floor of the our newest building,
January 6, 2011
  An average day in seventh grade. Well, the closest to average me and my heathens are ever going to be.
 Diego working way too hard for comfort.
 Marlon, the head behind the Math book, refused to be in my picture. I took that as a personal challenge.
 Ruben helping me with Marlon. Boys will be boys any and everywhere.
Tarek getting busted about to credit card Marlon leaning over his desk. Poor kid would've never seen it coming.
January 7, 2011
Perhaps, the most interesting day yet. My life here is one big miscommunication so it should not have surprised me when our electricity got cut off this past Friday. I thought someone at school was paying it, they thought I was paying it. Turns out, no one was paying it. I now know that the powers that be in Honduras will give you three months before they come and cut it off. Literally. That wire was cut in two places. I had to make a somewhat heated phone call when we got home around 7 to find the power out. Few things get people in motion like an angry Gringa so our lights were back on within the hour. Some say illegal...I say convenient to know people with this kind of equipment.
 One of the good things about cooking with gas. I wasn't going to let a little ol' thing like not having lights stop me from making brownies to go with my Cabernet.
 My two new best friends. The one in the hat spoke the most precious English ever. It is so nice to talk to people who feel your language barrier pain.

No comments: