Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Girl's Gotta Eat.

 January 12, 2011
A trip to the grocery store in any foreign country is generally a treasure trove of photo worthy moments. Last night was no different.
This stuff is called mantequilla. That literally means "butter" in Spanish. As you can see, this ain't yo momma's butter. It's this funky mixture of sour cream (even though I canNOT find sour cream anywhere here) and heavy cream. These folks but it on ALL kinds of stuff and its not half bad. Awful for you, but most of the food here is.
Fruits and Veggies.

I really couldn't tell you when a squid tube is. This sign was on the side of a bunch of Butterball turkeys. Whatever it is, you can get it for less than 10 bucks.

The crown jewel of my trip. First, let me say this is the first time I've encountered such a thing here. In Korea, ALL the time. Here, not so much. However, this was, in fact, a whole (stinky) pig just hanging out in the meat dept. Had a USDA stamp and everything. I'd loooove to know how in the heck it came to be here.

I'm thoroughly amazed at these clear, cannish-bottle things.

Just in case I was wondering what "others are doing in the bed" in Spanish speaking countries,


No comments: