Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I missed them...Really, I did.

 Though I am no lover of rules, I have imposed this one on myself so that this little project of mine doesn't get out of hand.
1. I must take at least one picture each day for the next calendar year, upload it, and blog about it. I'm not sure I'll ever get my amateur ADD down to only one a day, but here's to hoping.

Day One: 
    I didn't even realize this was something I wanted to do until I gifted myself a snazzy new camera while home for Christmas. Normally, I would've just bagged the whole thing until next year so as to get started on a  nice 1/1/20?? date. I'm expecting this year to be full of noteworthy moments, so I'm not letting three measly days stand in the way of me and my virtual coffee table book. Here goes nothing.
 I got to go home for Christmas this year and while I was loving my two week vacation in the land of all things frivolous, I was missing my kids. Wondering what they were up to and how their respective Christmases turned out. On our first day back together, we spent the bulk of our time together comparing stories of time with our family.  This led to me explaining to the what a New Year's resolution is all about. I don't really make resolutions but I do love to entertain the possibilities that 365 days can hold. My kids asked if they could make one and the Art teacher in me couldn't help but make it a bulletin board filling project. Here are a few of my faves.


Getting a Visa in the country is a special kind of crazy so good luck and prayers are attached to this one.

No comments: